The Opal Kelly XEM6002 is an integration module based on a Xilinx Spartan-6 FPGA (XC6SLX9-2FTG256C). In addition to a medium gate-count FPGA, the XEM6002 utilizes the high transfer rate of USB 2.0 for configuration downloads, enabling almost instant reprogramming of the FPGA. The XEM6002 features flexible clocking with a multi-output clock generator that can generate clock frequencies from 1 MHz to 150 MHz. If higher frequencies are needed, the clock multipliers in the FPGA can be used.
XC6SLX9 Xilinx Spartan-6
Prototyping and Semiconductor Evaluation
Equipped with four Digilent Pmod™ Compatible connectors, the XEM6002 can host a wide variety of low-bandwidth peripheral modules available from several semiconductor manufacturers. Providing an 18 additional general purpose I/O signals, the XEM6002 is perfectly suited to semiconductor evaluation and experimentation.
The XEM6002 is fully-supported by our FrontPanel SDK making it the best platform for integrating peripheral devices with PC, Mac, QNX, and Linux software.
- Semiconductor evaluation platform
- Rapid hardware prototyping
- Data acquisition
- Student / hobbyist FPGA module
- Custom test equipment
- Test fixtures
FrontPanel Virtual Interface
Virtual interface elements such as buttons, LEDs, and hex displays make cumbersome "I/O Boards" a thing of the past.
32 Mb SPI Serial Flash (optional)
A 32-Mbit SPI Serial Flash device is available as an OEM option for FPGA configuration or general data storage. For more information please contact Opal Kelly Sales.
The on-board PLL provides flexible clocking to the FPGA and expansion connector.
Four (4) "Pods" each provide +3.3v, DGND, and eight general-purpose I/O. Each Pod is a Digilent Pmod™ Compatible connector.
The XEM6002 is a bus-powered device reducing cable count and simplifying the user experience.
Features & Specifications
- Small form-factor -- credit-card sized (3.5" x 2.0" x 0.61" / 88.9mm x 50.8mm x 15.4mm)
- High-speed USB 2.0 interface for downloading and control
- Bus-powered operation
- Clock generator PLL for programmable clock rate
- 32 Mb SPI Flash for general storage or standalone FPGA configuration (OEM option)
- Four pushbuttons
- Eight LEDs
- Four Digilent Pmod™ Compatible connectors (32 FPGA I/Os)
- Single 20-pin dual-row 0.1" header (16 FPGA I/Os, 1 PLL CLK, 1 FPGA GCLKs)
- JTAG header footprint
- Full FrontPanel virtual control panel support
- Transfer rates of up to 36 MBytes/second between the PC and FPGA
- Complete Application Programmer's Interface (API) in C, C++, C#, Ruby, Python, and Java
Important Note: Firmware source code is not included with the XEM6002. Of course, full documentation on designing the XEM6002 into your application is included. Please see the Library items on this page.