FrontPanel 5 Release!
FrontPanel 5.0.0 is now available on the Pins Downloads page. Remember that you need to be logged into Pins to see and access the FrontPanel SDK downloads.
- XEM7305 and XEM7320 support has been added.
- Added support for Python 3 on Windows, macOS, and Ubuntu 16.04 LTS.
- FPoIP (FrontPanel over Internet Protocol) has been added to allow access to remote devices.
- okCFrontPanelDevices API added for enumerating and opening devices.
- okCFrontPanelManager API added for receiving attach/detach notifications.
- System proxy settings added for FrontPanel firmware updates.
- For more details, visit the FP 5.0 Release Notes.
Operating System Support
- Windows 7, 8.1, and 10 are supported in 32-bit and 64-bit architectures. (Microsoft EOL for Windows 7 is January 2020. That will be ours as well.)
- macOS version 10.10+
- Ubuntu 16.04 LTS is now the primary Linux support platform and will be supported in 32-bit and 64-bit versions until the EOL date (Q2 2021). This will be our final 32-bit Linux distribution.
- Ubuntu 12.04 LTS will be supported in 32-bit and 64-bit versions until the EOL date (Q1 2019).
- CentOS 6.x (6.9 in this release) remains as a legacy platform.
- Several Linux ARM targets are also available and supported as time allows.
- Windows Python support is Python 2.7 and 3.6.
- Linux Python support is for whichever version is installed natively with the respective distribution.